Sunday 24 August 2014

It's like thunder, it's like lightning - the way you love me is frightn'in

OK so I won't be needing them any time soon and maybe I ought to have waited, but the opportunity presented itself  and I just couldn't not take it...I'm talking floorboards. I've got 125sq metres of reclaimed floorboards at a bargain price from a lovely man called Anthony from Whiteheads Timber of Oldham. (0161 626 6488: 07927455919 if you're looking for reclaimed timber - he comes highly recommended.)

Reclaimed-7-Wide-Pine-Wooden-Flooring-Rustic-Floor-Boards-Solid-Wood

He met me in Edinburgh and we transferred them from his van to my trailer before I returned  to Aberdeen.They are immaculate, no nails, nail holes, carpet tacks; indeed they've never actually been walked on. They came from a hospital demolition in Liverpool, range from 6 to 15 ft long and are 7 inches wide. They had been bolted onto a concrete subfloor and then covered with a thick lino. The ends have been sawn off so I'm left with a complete and immaculate replacement downstairs floor which is just going to need the lightest of sandings and then fitting and sealing. I'm going to experiment with stain and/or varnish to find the most pleasing finish and then...I think there might be a bit of a wait before you see them in situ!!!


This is what 125 square metres looks like...about a ton and a half and floor to ceiling in a shipping container!!!


1 comment:

  1. Love your style. Writing, headings, the lot. Amazing amount of flooring. Is this next season's job? Pauline

    ReplyDelete