Monday 29 February 2016

"The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong" Carl Jung

Sounds a bit highfalutin for a blog quote but the pendulum of my mind alternates between Eigg and my current home at Hill of Fechel in Aberdeenshire. The reality is I have to divide my labours between the two. So, with this in mind, during the first part of February I built this


and with the help of a friend from Nottinghamshire assembled this


Then it was off to Eigg and what a wondrous journey it was. The Road to the Isles was magnificent. 


and the view from The Manse was, as ever, beautiful; with snow on the hills on the mainland


Next day, while Owain and I scratched our heads over fitting a window which I had measured wrongly




Joe covered the water pipe which had frozen overnight



It was real brass monkeys weather so, once we'd finished, the only thing to do was to have a dram or three in the warmest room in the house


So now the downstairs windows are all replaced and the house is wind and waterproof and starting to look much less like an abandoned wreck


Next day Joe and I plasterboarded, taped and filled the room next to the bathroom


Then, after an all to brief a visit, it was time to head back to Aberdeenshire. It was hard to leave in such beautiful weather


and the views back down the Road to the Isles were jaw dropping


Next time will be a longer break with Do










No comments:

Post a Comment