Sunday 17 April 2016

"I'm into designing houses and interior design. I like change. I like creating things out of nothing." Chris Kirkpatrick

Do is the one with the creative flair. She loves searching through charity shops and sales - visualising the end result which is always amazing. We worked at the room which used to be called "The visiting Minister's Room" according to a friend who grew up in the house. One of my current frustrations is not having a camera which enables me to show wide angle views. To get the full effect you just have to be there (and if you're committed enough to be reading this then consider yourself invited over to the island at some point) 





The thing I love about all of this is that it's all our own work. Do provides the ideas and the soft furnishings, I do the making and fabricating. It's so rewarding to look at the dado rail and think that it started life downstairs as a piece of 4 by 2 constructional timber. The 30's light shade was one of 5 similar which I got from an auction in Aberdeen for £28, the chiffonier was from Candleclose Gallery, again in Aberdeen and was a bargain. I'll try to get some better pictures if and when I get a new camera.

1 comment:

  1. What a fantabulous post this has been. Never seen this kind of useful post. I am grateful to you and expect more number of posts like these. Thank you very much.
    navrh interieru bratislava

    ReplyDelete