Friday 26 August 2016

"Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck." George Carlin

As J F Kennedy said, the time to repair the roof is when the sun is shining


and it doesn't get much shinier than this! So, with only a couple of days before I took the boat back to Aberdeen, I put up the scaffolding and started to remove the tiles and rotten sarking.


 However the midges descended with a vengeance and I had to wait till the next day when the forecast was for a stiff breeze. So it was up with the lark, stripping off the rest of the sarking and replacing it with new.


breathable membrane 


and retiling.

It is so much easier with two people, one to fix the slates and the other to find and measure them. On my own, I was up and down the ladder endlessly and this morning the muscles in my back and legs are telling me that, on reflection, they're not too happy with me.


Not the best picture I agree but I ran very short of time and had to rush to catch the ferry - arriving with about five minutes to spare. Next time I just have to fix the new ridge and seal the lead strip at the side.



1 comment:

  1. When the sun is shining the roof is as good as any man's and when it's raining it's too wet to fix it. Looks like work is progressing well! I am currently in Spain for 8 months!

    ReplyDelete