Thursday 11 January 2018

"You don't quit after you get beat. You pick yourself up, and you start rebuilding to accomplish your goals." Daniel Cormier

Yes I could try and explain all the reasons for the inactivity here, but I'll leave Daniel's quote in their stead. New year, new commitment to the project but the same resolve to complete.

I arrived early this month to find that some slates had slipped on the front of the kitchen allowing entry to the wet and windy storms. Good news - It was the perfect weather to work on the roof. Bad news - there was so little daylight in which to strip off the tiles, take out and replace the rotten wood and reassemble the tile "jigsaw" that I had to work eight hours solid with no time to think about taking a picture of the damage before starting. 


However, I did take this the next morning (feeling reasonably pleased at the result) The affected area was nearly the width of the chimney from top to bottom.





No comments:

Post a Comment