Thursday 8 February 2018

"I spend a lot of time doing carpentry. Sometimes there is nothing that gives me the contentment that sawing a piece of wood does." Abbas Kiarostami

Today was the day when I would ratify the decision to buy 125 square metres of second hand floorboards. Their previous life had been under a vinyl floor in a hospital in Liverpool and they had been stored first in a container in Aberdeenshire, then stacked in a dusty pile in the dining room. 


The first attempt using a hand sander made me realise I would need a faster and more effective tool. Enter the "wood thicknesser"


which turned this


into this.


A belt sander took off the sharp edges and contours


and I was more than a little chuffed with this


Only another 100 square metres to go!



No comments:

Post a Comment