Friday 2 February 2018

"To bathe a cat takes brute force, perseverance, courage of conviction - and a cat. The last ingredient is usually hardest to come by." Stephen Baker

Not having a cat, I needed a focus to help me develop my range of perseverance skills. What to choose??? I know, how about a leaky roof! Returning to the Manse I discovered that water had been finding its way inside through the kitchen roof (a previous repair malfunction) and down the kitchen chimney. The problem is it's easy to see where it ends up whilst more difficult to identify the point of entry. The rendering on the chimney stack had some areas where some of it had fallen off.


I repointed and repaired the flaunching and replaced the open plan cowl with a more substantial terracotta one. I looked again at where I had reslated, changed the profile of the lead gulley and painted on some Acropol. The next rainy day will show whether I need to get a cat or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment