Wednesday 12 September 2018

"A delusion is something that people believe in despite a total lack of evidence." Richard Dawkins

I spent most of the day yesterday wiring the kitchen lights. This involved taking down some of the plasterboard, fitting three junction boxes, routing cable through voids (I discovered a leak in the roof - more of that later) putting in cables back to the junction box and multiple trips up and down a stepladder. At the end of my toils the kitchen looked exactly the same, the only visual evidence being the minute "spot the difference" between the light switches. So, today, I decided I needed to satisfy my thirst for photographic evidence of progress and set about the old pine unit which was in the house when we bought it.


Having already fitted a sink and taps, I sanded and waxed it




I also fitted a light underneath the wall cupboard


It's difficult to show the shine and depth of finish but if you want to see for yourself you'll have to pop round. In the afternoon I set up some scaffolding and went in search of that leak in the roof I mentioned earlier. I sealed what looked like it might be the cause but will have to wait and see when the next rain comes.


No comments:

Post a Comment