Friday 7 September 2018

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be." Douglas Adams

The kitchen has been a strange room to work on. It's been protracted and "bitty" and so it has proved difficult to maintain momentum. The idea this month - I'm on Eigg for the whole of September - is to crack on with the little jobs which have been left or unfinished. There were two sections of floor which hadn't been done: underneath one of the radiators and just inside the back door. Both are now finished, with a slight delay caused by me disturbing one of the pipe joints which hadn't been fully tightened. After much head scratching and phone calls to the plumber, I managed to tighten the said joint with a pair of gas pliers. With the flooring complete I could move onto the skirting board, which I made with a table router



Next I tiled the cooker recess and yes I did tile all the bits you can't see when the cooker is in place.


Then I fitted a light, smoke alarm and extractor fan before putting the cooker back in place, (note the new dining chairs)


I then put matching tiles on the front window sills 


The last jobs are to finish the detail around the doors, paint the wall behind the dresser and sort out the access to the mezzanine. Onward and upward!


1 comment:

  1. Fantastic and useful we blog thanks for publishing this.it's useful and informative.keep up the great.
    Extractor Fan

    ReplyDelete